A terahertz oscillator design with an emphasis on the output power performance is presented. The 270-GHz oscillator fabricated using InP 250-nm DHBT technology adopts a common-base cross-coupled configuration. The design focus is on the input varactor termination by utilizing simulated power and frequency load-pull contours. The measurement results show an improved peak output power of 5.8 dBm with an outstanding power variation of only 0.8 dB while maintaining moderate frequency-tuning range of 269-278 GHz.
- millimeter-wave oscillator
- voltage-controlled oscillator
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering